A bookcase is a must for you who is a book lover. Besides as a place to store your book collection, a bookcase is also able to add the aesthetic value to your house. Especially if you decorate it really well. If you are looking for the bookcase ideas, here are some inspirations for you.
Bookcase Decorating Ideas
This wall mounted bookcase is made from a bookmark made from a thin iron or metal which is installed to the wall. This thin iron or metal can hold 6.8 kg weight with 40 cm book height.
You can store your favorite books as well as saving some spaces with this imaginative bookcase.
With this one of bookcase ideas, you can divide your books according to your category. For example, you can create a typography bookcase with ‘has been read’ and ‘will be read’ writings so that you can know which books you have read and which ones you have not read yet.
This bookcase idea will make you feel triggered to finish reading your books.
Tree Shaped Bookcase
For you who want to feel the sensation of reading a book in the middle of a garden, tree-shaped bookcase is for you. Make this idea of a bookcase with the wood materials to make a natural atmosphere even stronger.
You can place your books in the branches. This tree-shaped bookcase is also very suitable for a children’s reading room.
This bookcase idea will make your favorite books floating by hanging them in an oak wood. A hanging bookcase is very beneficial in saving spaces in a room.
The oak wood is strung and hung, shaped like a hanger, then stick to the wall. That’s it, this hanging bookcase is ready to store your books.
Use the natural logs and install some wooden racks to the logs so that you can create a unique bookcase to store your favorite books. This kind of bookcase ideas has a lot of book capacities.
For the book arrangement, you can arrange the books horizontally or vertically. This logs bookcase will bring a rustic look to your room.
Bookcase Lighting Ideas
If you want to use the sunlight as a natural lighting for your bookcase, you can place it near the window or in the area where the sunlight is coming through. Add a single sofa to create a comfortable reading area.
Put some small lamps around your bookcase. Do not choose too many lamp colors, just choose one dominated lamp color. You can pick a yellow lamp if you want to make your bookcase looks dramatic.
If your bookcase is located in the corner area of your house, place a corner lamp or a focus lamp to illuminate your bookcase. If you have a comfortable chair near the bookcase, pick a bright corner lamp so you can clearly read your books.
If you want to make your bookcase to be a decorative furniture, add a tumblr lamp to it. Choose a colorful tumblr lamp to make the bookcase as a highlight in your room especially in the night.
Living Room Bookshelf Ideas
- In order to save some spaces in your room, you can have a bookshelf that is integrated as a TV place. Choose the one which is designed with some dividers so that you can flexibly arrange your books and TV accessories.
- You can use your bookshelf as a partition to divide the area of your living room and your family, for example. Choose a bookshelf with a closed back part if you want to have a privacy in your family room. Or you can place a rug to determine which area is the living room and which another one is the family room.
- If you want to pick a safe bookshelf which is suitable for any interior design, you can pick a white bookshelf. A white bookshelf can brighten your living room and make it visually looks more spacious. Moreover, it can keep the harmony in the room.
- A wooden furniture becomes favorite of many people because it has a great durability, especially if the wood materials have a high quality. Instead of choosing a classic brown wooden bookshelf, choose a wooden bookshelf with a light tone in order to add a modern touch to your living room.
- If you think a simple and conventional bookshelf is too boring, you can have a geometrical bookshelf. The geometrical bookshelf will make a difference in your living room. The guests who visit your house will absolutely be impressed by this bookshelf.
Fireplace with Bookcase
Whether it is located in a living room, dining room, or reading room, completing or combining a bookcase with a fireplace is proven to be a great idea in increasing a comfort and aesthetic value.
Especially if you love to read and live in the cold area, this combination will let you comfortably read your favorite books without getting worried about the cold. Before combining your bookcase with a fireplace, there are several things you should consider.
For example, you should be concerned about the minimum distance between the bookcase and the fireplace. It is important because books are made from papers which are flammable material and you sure do not want any fire happens in your house.
You should also consider whether the walls in your house is easy to burn or not and the adjustable isolation.
For the combination idea of fireplace and bookcase, you can combine a big wooden bookcase with a black marble fireplace. This combination will give an elegant and warm touch to your room. It will also create a perfection to your design interior.
You can also have a double bookcase and place a fireplace in the middle of it. This design will make an exclusive design for the room of your house.
Those are the bookcase ideas which are able to be your inspirations.