Patio is indeed an important point in a house because it has an important role to the exterior style of the house. And a part of a patio which is usually forgotten is the roof.
In fact, the beauty of a patio is also determined by the roof. You can make the patio roof to be matched with the dominant theme of your house. So, what are the best patio roof ideas for your house? Here are some inspirations.
Minimalist Patio Roof Inspirations
Here minimalis hose style with some patio roof design ideas.
Contemporary Patio Roof Style
A contemporary style is suitable for you who want to bring a classic touch to your house. The typical characteristic of this style is a flat roof that covers almost all parts of a floored patio.
A contemporary patio roof style will give a simple and minimalist impression. Yet, this style is able to make your patio looks spacious as long as you do not install the roof too low.
Bungalow Patio Roof Style
The next patio roof style is bungalow style. This kind of style is indeed more suitable for an exterior design than interior design. This patio roof style uses a saddle roof design.
It is a patio roof which its shape is similar to a horse paddle. Bungalow patio roof style is simple because it only applies two hypotenuse and one triangular wall only.
You are able to add a stone touch in the walls under the patio roof. Support it with a neat garden and plantation along the way to your patio.
Rustic Patio Roof Style
Rustic style is the next patio roof idea which you can apply. The typical characteristic of this rustic patio roof style can be seen by the use of the wooden roof.
The wood is arranged in a regular order and flat along the area to the door of your house. You are also able to add a hanging lamp to make the rustic style even more stronger.
The yellow lights from the hanging lamp will illuminate each wooden pole that will make the atmosphere in your patio even more beautiful. This type of patio roof style is also suitable to be combined with a stone floor with a matching color.
Those are the best patio roof ideas which are suitable for your minimalist themed house. You can choose one that becomes your favorite.
Choosing the Best Material for A Patio Roof
The materials used for a patio roof come with several options such as wood, plastic, vinyl, and iron. It is important for you to consider the suitable patio roof material for the particular climate in the area where you live.
So that you can decide the best choice. Several materials are more suitable for a specific climate than the others. The appearance of each patio roof material also has an important role to help in you in deciding the best option.
One of the most popular patio roof material options is an iron. This iron material has some advantages such as durable and available in an affordable price.
Generally, an iron patio roof must be professionally installed in order to avoid a wrong installment. The wrong installment is able to cause an extensive cost to fix the patio roof itself and other damaged properties.
While the disadvantage of an iron material for a patio roof is this material absorbs too much heat. So that it makes your patio feels hot and uncomfortable.
On the other hand, the wood material has been used for a long time for a patio roof. A wooden patio roof is easy to install and durable, especially if a proper treatment and maintenance is done regularly.
A wood material is really suitable for a pergola design so that the sunlights can come through. The professional architects usually suggest to have a wooden patio roof for a temperate climate.
Vinyl and plastic can also be the material options to be used for a patio roof. There are many benefits of these 2 materials, such as they are available in various colors and patterns, easy to install, and effective protections to the sunlight.
But a heavy wind and storm are the problems for a plastic and vinyl material. They can be gone and damaged due to a bad weather.
How to Make an Impressive Patio
After getting to know the patio roof ideas, here are the impressive patio ideas so that you are able to enjoy this relaxing area of your house.
- It is fortunate for you who got an opened backyard in your house, because you are able to get an extra room to get relaxed or just enjoying your quality time with your family members. Dominate your backyard patio with a wooden floor. You can also add some cushions or bean bags as the seats. This idea is suitable for you who look for the backyard patio ideas.
- Do you want to have a different minimalist patio from other houses in your block? You can style your patio with a rustic chic design by adding the right accessories. For example, you are able to place several colorful flowers and dominate your patio with the wooden materials.
- You sure want a relaxing spot in your patio where you can enjoy your time after being tired from working. Create a small lounge in your patio by placing a set of minimalist furniture in the front of your patio. Choose the patio furniture which are suitable for your patio.
- Choose a folded glass door for your patio. This kind of door is able to be a ventilation which can let a fresh air and sunlight come into your house. Plant some flowers and trees to create a green room in the patio of your house.
- For you who want a minimalist modern patio, you can dominate your patio with the natural stones material and neutral minimalist colors such as grey and black. This patio style is suitable for you who do not want to get complicated with a regular maintenance.